Here are the answers to Sports Quiz #9…
1. Who retired in 1983 after winning 5 consecutive Wimbledon mens singles titles?
A. Bjorn Bjorg
2. How many darts World titles has Phil Taylor won?
3. Who was the first football player to score 100 goals in the Premier League?
A. Alan Shearer
4. In golf, where does the Masters take place?
A. Augusta, Georgia
5. In 2016, who announced their retirement days after becoming the Formula 1 World champion?
A. Nico Rosberg
6. Which goalkeeper was beaten by the ‘hand of god’ in the 1986 World Cup?
A. Peter Shilton
7. How many professional boxing matches did Mohammed Ali lose throughout his career?
A. 5 (Joe Frazier on 8/3/71, Ken Norton on 31/3/73, Leon Spinks on 15/2/78, Larry Holmes on 2/10/80 and Trevor Berbick on 11/12/81)
8. Other than billiard games, what other sport is played on a green table?
A. Table Tennis
9. How many points did Liverpool record in the 2019/20 Premier League season before football was postponed due to Covid-19?
10. The Raptors NBA team hail from which city?
If you enjoyed this quiz be sure to check out our other Sports quizzes here.
Also check out our YouTube channel for TV Theme Tunes, Emoji Quizzes and a FULL 50 question Pub Quiz uploaded every week.
We have lots of ready-made pub quizzes available to purchase and download.
These quizzes include everything you need to run a successful quiz night and are available to buy and download instantly as a .pdf file for just £2. None of the questions are tied to a specific time of year or recent current affairs, which means this quiz can be used whenever you like. Visit our shop for more information.
Submit A Quiz
If you’d like to submit a quiz round or an idea for a quiz round then please feel free to get in touch via the contact page.