Welcome to Vikings Quiz #1. How much do you know about the Norse explorers and conquerers? Find out with our 10 question Viking Pub Quiz round.
1. Known as Eboracum to the Romans, what name was given to York by the Vikings?
2. Which King allegedly removed his crown, hung it from a crucifix and never wore it again in honour of almighty God?
3. What name is given to the ancient Nordic tales depicting early Viking voyages and the battles?
4. Which weapon did the Norse God Thor wield?
5. England was ruled by which Danish king, after an invasion in 1013
6. In Norse mythology, Valhalla is a huge, majestic hall ruled by which God?
7. Which Norse explorer founded the first settlement in Greenland?
8. How were a Viking boats sails marked if it was the Kings ship?
9. In 911 AD, the West Frankish King Charles III gave which piece of land to the Viking leader Rollo?
10. What was the old Norse name for Norway?
If you enjoyed this quiz be sure to check out our other Geography quizzes here.
Weekly Subscription Quiz
Only £2.50 Per Week
Take the hassle out of creating your pub quiz with our weekly pub quiz subscription.
A ready made 50 question pub quiz emailed directly to your inbox every Wednesday.
We have lots of ready-made pub quizzes available to purchase and download.
These quizzes include everything you need to run a successful quiz night and are available to buy and download instantly as a .pdf file for just £4. None of the questions are tied to a specific time of year or recent current affairs, which means this quiz can be used whenever you like.
These quiz packs have a total of 80 questions with a tie breaker!
Also check out our YouTube channel for TV Theme Tunes, Emoji Quizzes and a FULL 50 question Pub Quiz uploaded every week.
SUBMIT A QUIZ
If you’d like to submit a quiz round or an idea for a quiz round then please feel free to get in touch via the contact page.