Here are the answers to the Christmas History Quiz…
1. What is the name of the period leading up to Christmas?
2. In what decade was the first Christmas Card sent in the UK?
A. 1840’s (1843 – Sir Henry Cole)
3. Which country was the first to use the tradition of Christmas trees?
4. In what decade did Coca-Cola start using Santa Claus in advertisements?
5. Who created the first electric light Christmas display?
A. Thomas Edison (1880)
6. Which was the first country to issue a Christmas postage stamp?
7. Silent night the Christmas carol was first played on what instrument?
8. Who banned Christmas in England between 1647 and 1660?
A. Oliver Cromwell
9. Which British Monarch made the first ever Christmas broadcast?
A. George VI
10. ‘Tom Smith’ a 19th century sweetshop owner, is to thank for which integral part festive celebrations?
A. Christmas Cracker
If you enjoyed this quiz be sure to check out our other Special quizzes here.
Weekly Subscription Quiz
Only £2.50 Per Week
Take the hassle out of creating your pub quiz with our weekly pub quiz subscription.
A ready made 50 question pub quiz emailed directly to your inbox every Wednesday.
We have lots of ready-made pub quizzes available to purchase and download.
These quizzes include everything you need to run a successful quiz night and are available to buy and download instantly as a .pdf file for just £4. None of the questions are tied to a specific time of year or recent current affairs, which means this quiz can be used whenever you like.
These quiz packs have a total of 80 questions with a tie breaker!
Also check out our YouTube channel for TV Theme Tunes, Emoji Quizzes and a FULL 50 question Pub Quiz uploaded every week.
SUBMIT A QUIZ
If you’d like to submit a quiz round or an idea for a quiz round then please feel free to get in touch via the contact page.