Welcome to New Years Quiz #1…
1. In what year was the first ball dropped in New Yorks Times Square? Was it 1906, 1908 or 1910?
2. The 2021 Chinese New Year will mark the year of which animal?
3. Ferdinand De Lesseps began construction on what great engineering feat on 1st January 1881?
4. The River Of January was discovered by Portuguese explorers on 1st January 1502, how is this more commonly known today?
5. Who wrote ‘Auld Land Syne’
6. Which American Football game takes place annually on 1st January?
7. Which Saints Day falls on New Years Eve?
8. New Years celebrations in Scotland are more commonly known as what?
9. On New Years Day in 1993, which country split in two?
10. True or False. The Spanish try to swallow a grape for each stroke of midnight on New Years Eve to bring good luck for the coming year?
If you enjoyed this quiz be sure to check out our other Special quizzes here.
Also check out our YouTube channel for TV Theme Tunes, Emoji Quizzes and a FULL 50 question Pub Quiz uploaded every week.
We have lots of ready-made pub quizzes available to purchase and download.
These quizzes include everything you need to run a successful quiz night and are available to buy and download instantly as a .pdf file for just £2. None of the questions are tied to a specific time of year or recent current affairs, which means this quiz can be used whenever you like. Visit our shop for more information.
Submit A Quiz
If you’d like to submit a quiz round or an idea for a quiz round then please feel free to get in touch via the contact page.