Here are the answers to Quiz Words Crossword #1…
1. Which American rock band was formed in 1966 and had hits including ‘Maria Maria’ and ‘Smooth’? (7)
6. 1941 family musical from Walt Disney (5)
7. The foremost part of an advancing Naval force. (7)
9. “Look at the stars, look how they shine for you” are the opening lyrics to which year 2000 release by Coldplay? (6)
10. Which animal features the most on national flags? (4)
13. Type of art consisting of a design made of small pieces of coloured stone or glass (6)
15. Nocturnal flightless birds of New Zeeland (5)
17. Rock formed by solidification from a molten state (7)
18. Capital of Tunisia (5)
19. Midwestern US State (7)
1. Variety of cabbage named after a region of France. (5)
3. River in Northern Italy (4)
4. An espresso coffee with water (9)
5. Dark brittle metalloid with the atomic number of 5 (5)
8. Mistress of Charles II (1650-1687) (4,4)
11. American metal band who had hits with ‘Freak on a leash’ and ‘Twisted Transistor’ (4)
12. Large breed of dog originating from the mountainous northern regions of Japan (5)
14. Brand of coffee founded in London in 1971 by brothers Bruno and Sergio (5)
16. Egyptian president who assumed office in 2014, General – (4)
If you enjoyed this quiz word crossword be sure to check out our other Quiz Word Crosswords here.
Weekly Subscription Quiz
Only £2.50 Per Week
Take the hassle out of creating your pub quiz with our weekly pub quiz subscription.
A ready made 50 question pub quiz emailed directly to your inbox every Wednesday.
We have lots of ready-made pub quizzes available to purchase and download.
These quizzes include everything you need to run a successful quiz night and are available to buy and download instantly as a .pdf file for just £4. None of the questions are tied to a specific time of year or recent current affairs, which means this quiz can be used whenever you like.
These quiz packs have a total of 80 questions with a tie breaker!
Also check out our YouTube channel for TV Theme Tunes, Emoji Quizzes and a FULL 50 question Pub Quiz uploaded every week.
SUBMIT A QUIZ
If you’d like to submit a quiz round or an idea for a quiz round then please feel free to get in touch via the contact page.