Here are the answers to Science & Nature Quiz #18…
1. Which chemical element is used to disinfect wounds and can be commercially produced from certain seaweeds?
2. What is the scientific name for the shoulder blade?
3. Which gender of mosquitoes bite people?
4. What name is given to the scientific study of individual microscopic cells?
5. What type of creature is a ‘Pacific Sea Wasp’?
6. Which company used the slogan ‘Think Different’ with iconic pictures of people like Albert Einstein?
7. When is Halley’s Comet next set to pass by Earth? 2041? 2051? Or 2061?
8. What is the name given to the female parts of a flower?
9. ‘Zoophobia’ is the fear of what?
10. Which insects were the first living creatures intentionally sent into space aboard a V2 rocket in 1947?
A. Fruit Flies
If you enjoyed this quiz be sure to check out our other Science & Nature quizzes here.
Weekly Subscription Quiz
Only £2.50 Per Week
Take the hassle out of creating your pub quiz with our weekly pub quiz subscription.
A ready made 50 question pub quiz emailed directly to your inbox every Wednesday.
We have lots of ready-made pub quizzes available to purchase and download.
These quizzes include everything you need to run a successful quiz night and are available to buy and download instantly as a .pdf file for just £4. None of the questions are tied to a specific time of year or recent current affairs, which means this quiz can be used whenever you like.
These quiz packs have a total of 80 questions with a tie breaker!
Also check out our YouTube channel for TV Theme Tunes, Emoji Quizzes and a FULL 50 question Pub Quiz uploaded every week.
SUBMIT A QUIZ
If you’d like to submit a quiz round or an idea for a quiz round then please feel free to get in touch via the contact page.