Welcome to Science & Nature Quiz #23…
1. Hints of purple, blue or pink in the Aurora Borealis display are caused by what gas in the earth’s atmosphere?
2. ‘Oast Houses’ were built to dry which which plant?
3. In which decade was penicillin discovered by Alexander Fleming?
4. Which blood vessels carry blood away from the heart?
5. What is the closest star to our Sun?
6. In radio, what does AM stand for?
7. Where is the headquarters of the European Space Agency?
8. In WW2, the Manhattan Project used fluorine gas to enrich what?
9. ‘Pedology’ is the study of what?
10. In what year did Alan Shepard become the first American in space?
If you enjoyed this quiz be sure to check out our other Science & Nature quizzes here.
Weekly Subscription Quiz
Only £2.50 Per Week
Take the hassle out of creating your pub quiz with our weekly pub quiz subscription.
A ready made 50 question pub quiz emailed directly to your inbox every Wednesday.
We have lots of ready-made pub quizzes available to purchase and download.
These quizzes include everything you need to run a successful quiz night and are available to buy and download instantly as a .pdf file for just £4. None of the questions are tied to a specific time of year or recent current affairs, which means this quiz can be used whenever you like.
These quiz packs have a total of 80 questions with a tie breaker!
Also check out our YouTube channel for TV Theme Tunes, Emoji Quizzes and a FULL 50 question Pub Quiz uploaded every week.
SUBMIT A QUIZ
If you’d like to submit a quiz round or an idea for a quiz round then please feel free to get in touch via the contact page.