1. Which hymn is customarilly sung on St George’s Day, or the closest Sunday to it?
2. How did St George die?
A. He was beheaded
3. Which English playwright was born on St George’s day and subsequently died on St Georgeos day 52 days later?
A. William Shakespear
4. In which country was St George born?
A. Turkey (Cappadocia)
5. Which King of England adopted the St George’s Cross as an emblem for his soldiers?
A. Richard I (Richard the Lionheart)
6. What creature is St George said to have slain?
7. St Georges is the capital of which Carribean country?
8. The St Georges Cup is contested in which sport?
9. In which century was St George born?
A. 3rd Century AD (C280)
10. Other than England, which other country uses the St George’s cross as part of its national flag?
If you enjoyed this quiz be sure to check out our other Special quizzes here.
Also check out our YouTube channel for TV Theme Tunes, Emoji Quizzes and a FULL 50 question Pub Quiz uploaded every week.
We have lots of ready-made pub quizzes available to purchase and download.
These quizzes include everything you need to run a successful quiz night and are available to buy and download instantly as a .pdf file for just £2. None of the questions are tied to a specific time of year or recent current affairs, which means this quiz can be used whenever you like. Visit our shop for more information.
SUBMIT A QUIZ
If you’d like to submit a quiz round or an idea for a quiz round then please feel free to get in touch via the contact page.