Here are the answers to History Quiz #2…
1. In 1857 Mary Queen of Scots was executed on the Royal orders of her cousin, who was her cousin?
A. Queen Elizabeth I
2. Hiroshima received the first atom bomb on 6th August 1945, which City received the second one just three days later?
3. In which decade was the abolition of the death penalty made permanent in Great Britain?
A. 1960’s (1969)
4. In which war did the ‘Battle of Bunker Hill’ take place?
A. The American War of Independence
5. Who became Russia’s first democratically elected president in 1991?
A. Boris Yeltsin
6. What was the final battle that Napoleon fought in?
7. What ‘Age’ came after the Stone Age?
A. Bronze Age
8. Which current member of the Royal family qualified as a Motor Mechanic during WWII?
A. The Queen
9. What did Spain send to attack Britain in 1588?
A. The Spanish Armada
10. Who was known as “The Lady with the Lamp” during the Crimean War?
A. Florence Nightingale
If you enjoyed this quiz be sure to check out our other History quizzes here.
Weekly Subscription Quiz
Only £2.50 Per Week
Take the hassle out of creating your pub quiz with our weekly pub quiz subscription.
A ready made 50 question pub quiz emailed directly to your inbox every Wednesday.
We have lots of ready-made pub quizzes available to purchase and download.
These quizzes include everything you need to run a successful quiz night and are available to buy and download instantly as a .pdf file for just £4. None of the questions are tied to a specific time of year or recent current affairs, which means this quiz can be used whenever you like.
These quiz packs have a total of 80 questions with a tie breaker!
Also check out our YouTube channel for TV Theme Tunes, Emoji Quizzes and a FULL 50 question Pub Quiz uploaded every week.
SUBMIT A QUIZ
If you’d like to submit a quiz round or an idea for a quiz round then please feel free to get in touch via the contact page.