Here are the answers to Science & Nature Quiz #7…
1. In a cave, what would protrude downwards from the ceiling, stalagmite or stalactite?
2. Which extinct birds name was derived from the Portuguese word for meaning ‘idiot’?
3. The number 1 followed by 100 zeros is known as what?
A. A Googol
4. Steel is an alloy of which two elements?
A. Iron & Carbon
5. Which planet in our solar system is the hottest?
6. What is the largest vein in the human body?
A. The Inferior Vena Cava
7. Which scientist fatally discovered the radioactive element Radium in 1898?
A. Marie Curie
8. At the European Organisation for Nuclear Research CERN, you would find the LHC, but what does LHC stand for?
A. Large Hadron Collider
9. Which is the only free roaming primate in Europe?
A. Barbary Ape (Found In Gibraltar)
10. What was the codename for the development of the atom bomb?
A. Manhatten Project
If you enjoyed this quiz be sure to check out our other Science & Nature quizzes here.
Weekly Subscription Quiz
Only £2.50 Per Week
Take the hassle out of creating your pub quiz with our weekly pub quiz subscription.
A ready made 50 question pub quiz emailed directly to your inbox every Wednesday.
We have lots of ready-made pub quizzes available to purchase and download.
These quizzes include everything you need to run a successful quiz night and are available to buy and download instantly as a .pdf file for just £4. None of the questions are tied to a specific time of year or recent current affairs, which means this quiz can be used whenever you like.
These quiz packs have a total of 80 questions with a tie breaker!
Also check out our YouTube channel for TV Theme Tunes, Emoji Quizzes and a FULL 50 question Pub Quiz uploaded every week.
SUBMIT A QUIZ
If you’d like to submit a quiz round or an idea for a quiz round then please feel free to get in touch via the contact page.