Here are the answers to Connections Quiz #12, a very well done if you managed to get the connection :-).
1. Which English Footballer was bought by Liverpool from QPR in 2010 for £630,000 and subsequently sold to Manchester City in 2015 for £57.33m?
A. Raheem STERLING – GB Sterling (+Others)
2. Which film won the 2005 Best Picture Oscar?
A. Million DOLLAR Baby – US Dollar (+Others)
3. Which part of the body removes water from digested food?
A. COLON – Costa Rican Colon
4. Who co-hosted the BBC show ‘Fantasy Football League’ with David Baddiel from 1994-2004?
A. FRANK Skinner – French Franc (+Others)
5. First published in 1924 which Christmas Carol contains the latin refrain; ‘Gloria, Hosanna in Excelsis!’?
A. Ding DONG Merrily on High – Vietnamese Dong
6. What imperial measurement is equal to 16 ounces?
A. A POUND – Egyptian Pound (+Others)
7. Lys Assia was the first winner of which competition in 1956?
A. EUROvision Song Contest – European Euro
8. With 13 titles to their name, which club are the most successful in UEFA Champions League/European Cup history?
A. REAL Madrid – Brazilian Real (+Others)
9. What is the full name of the American Boxer created and played by Sylvester Stallone first seen on cinema screens in 1977?
A. Rocky BALBOA – Panamanian Balboa
10. What is the connection between questions 1-9?
A. World Currencies
If you enjoyed this quiz be sure to check out our other Connections quizzes here.
Also check out our YouTube channel for TV Theme Tunes, Emoji Quizzes and a FULL 50 question Pub Quiz uploaded every week.
We have lots of ready-made pub quizzes available to purchase and download.
These quizzes include everything you need to run a successful quiz night and are available to buy and download instantly as a .pdf file for just £2. None of the questions are tied to a specific time of year or recent current affairs, which means this quiz can be used whenever you like. Visit our shop for more information.
Submit A Quiz
If you’d like to submit a quiz round or an idea for a quiz round then please feel free to get in touch via the contact page.