Here are the answers to General Knowledge Quiz #14…
1. Which Scottish author penned the novel “Kidnapped” which was first published in 1886?
A. Robert Louis Stevenson
2. What is the primary alcoholic ingredient in a ‘Sidecar’ cocktail?
3. Which rowing regatta features the Princess Grace Challenge Cup?
A. Henley Regatta
4. The 1783 Laki volcanic eruption that killed tens of thousands of people across Europe occurred on which island?
5. Which strait connects the Sea of Marmara to the Black Sea?
A. Bosporus Strait
6. Shylock said “If you prick us, do we not bleed?” in which Shakespeare play?
A. Merchant Of Venice
7. Which animated dog created by Nick Park first appeared on TV in 1989?
8. A phrase meaning to change already agreed terms is ‘to move the…’ what?
9. What Netflix sci-fi show is set in the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana?
A. Stranger Things
10. In 2016 which social media mogul pledged $3bn to ‘end all illness’?
A. Mark Zuckerberg
If you enjoyed this quiz be sure to check out our other General Knowledge quizzes here.
Weekly Subscription Quiz
Only £2.50 Per Week
Take the hassle out of creating your pub quiz with our weekly pub quiz subscription.
A ready made 50 question pub quiz emailed directly to your inbox every Wednesday.
We have lots of ready-made pub quizzes available to purchase and download.
These quizzes include everything you need to run a successful quiz night and are available to buy and download instantly as a .pdf file for just £4. None of the questions are tied to a specific time of year or recent current affairs, which means this quiz can be used whenever you like.
These quiz packs have a total of 80 questions with a tie breaker!
Also check out our YouTube channel for TV Theme Tunes, Emoji Quizzes and a FULL 50 question Pub Quiz uploaded every week.
SUBMIT A QUIZ
If you’d like to submit a quiz round or an idea for a quiz round then please feel free to get in touch via the contact page.