This weird and wonderful General Knowledge Quiz was submitted by Simon from London, we love it… thanks Simon 😀
1. In which country can you find villages called ‘Silly’, ‘Billy’ and ‘Pratt’?
2. Which country inexplicably has 158 verses (stanzas) to its national anthem? 💤
3. Which party game, demonstrated on TV in 1966, was described by competitors as being ‘Sex in a box’?
4. According to 20th Century Psychology definitions, who has the lowest IQ? A Moron? An Imbecile? Or an Idiot?
5. An ‘Orchidometer’ is a medical instrument used to measure the volume of which part of the male anatomy?
6. Once owned by Henry VIII, what was bought by Cecil Chubb at an auction held in the South West of England in 1915 for £6,000?
7. ‘Hippo-photo-monstro-sesquipedalian-phobia’ is the fear of what?
8. What did Henry VIII place a tax on in 1535?
9. How many times did Sherlock Homes say the phrase ‘Elementary, my dear Watson’ in total across all the books by Arthur Conan Doyle?
10. In which Olympic sport might you ‘jerk’ and ‘snatch’?
If you enjoyed this quiz be sure to check out our other General Knowledge quizzes here.
Weekly Subscription Quiz
Only £2.50 Per Week
Take the hassle out of creating your pub quiz with our weekly pub quiz subscription.
A ready made 50 question pub quiz emailed directly to your inbox every Wednesday.
We have lots of ready-made pub quizzes available to purchase and download.
These quizzes include everything you need to run a successful quiz night and are available to buy and download instantly as a .pdf file for just £4. None of the questions are tied to a specific time of year or recent current affairs, which means this quiz can be used whenever you like.
These quiz packs have a total of 80 questions with a tie breaker!
Also check out our YouTube channel for TV Theme Tunes, Emoji Quizzes and a FULL 50 question Pub Quiz uploaded every week.
SUBMIT A QUIZ
If you’d like to submit a quiz round or an idea for a quiz round then please feel free to get in touch via the contact page.